Sunday, July 25, 2010

Breaking the rule!


I'm sure the nurses are getting quite tired of the same questions after each follow up visits.

I found this Q&A from UK's Runner's World site a few moments ago. It's giving me hope. Although, I had a smaller procedure in the abdominal area, my recovery time is only two weeks. Today is day nine. The medical adviser in the article suggests that you can start out gentle running during your recovery time. I'm feeling up for a run later this evening. I'm pretty excited! Hopefully my breathing won't be too labored from my squished diaphragm.

And here is another Q&A column that I really like. The questioner is also an avid runner and a kayaker!

UPDATE: Apparently, *gasping* I don't think I'm quite yet ready. I feel like my insides are about to burst after 5 minutes of gentle jogging. I'm really tired now. I normally can go 1.5 hour or so of heavy running before the surgery. I wonder if I will have to start back at square one once I'm fully recovered. That thought makes me nervous.

0 comments: